Tuesday 7 August 2012

Scrubs; the soundtrack

Scrubs, one of my all time favourite programmes that I constantly watch on a loop. There are many things I love about Scrubs; Doctor Cox's rants, the Janitor's inventions, JD's day dreams, but one thing I love more than anything is the soundtrack... and Dr Cox's rants.
A perfect song is picked for every moment, every sad moment, every laugh till you're crying moment, every scene. I want to share with you some of my favourite songs to have entered Sacred Heart Hospital and made any moment one to remember.

Death Cab For Cutie - I Will Follow You Into The Dark
When it is found that a terminal patient, called George, has no family to see him JD and Turk ditch their steak night (where they were going to eat it right) to sit with George and speak with him during his final hours, they talk him through death, admitting that they themselves are terrified of dying and when George begins crying this song begins playing slowly in the background. As soon as I heard this I had to Shazam it to find what it was, I've never been a fan of Death Cab For Cutie, nor their name, but when I heard that soft sung line 'Love of mine, someday you will die' I was hooked.   Peter Gabriel - The Book Of Love
The ending of series 8, my favourite ending to any programme for it brought hope and a heartwarming ending. It had no drama where everyone found out they were actually dead or where someone had to run to an airport to stop them from going to Paris, it was simple and beautiful. JD looking into his future and seeing hope. Well I know I've spoken about this song before because it's one of my all time favourite songs. It was JD's ending that gave this song a meaning to me, it was what made me look into the future and for once not worry, I smiled and felt a glow in my stomach to think about what could happen.   The Fray - How To Save A Life
Possibly my favourite Scrubs episode. Dr Cox has given the order to immediately get a suspected OD patient's organs to two patients circling the drain and the other to a man who could have lasted another month without a kidney. But the patient hadn't over dosed, she'd died from rabies and now the transplant patients are going to die, and it's all on Dr Cox's shoulders. Tied in with John C. McGinley's amazing acting this song narrates one of the most saddest scenes to ever hit our TV screens, if you watch the clip above you will understand why this song has entered my list.  And there are many more amazing songs that I haven't spoke about; Augustana - Boston, Jon McLaughlin - Human, Lisa Loeb - How?, David Grey - Please Forgive Me, Boston - More Than A Feeling, and many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment