Monday 3 September 2012

The La's

The La's - an amazing Liverpudlian group that only ever released this one fantastic album. I was sat in the doctors today for one hour, I got there ten minutes early and there was a forty five minute delay, I only wanted a bloody prescription! Luckily enough I had my iPod at hand to entertain me during my wait, and what I decided on listening to was the La's self titled album (the La's). 

It's an album that is like loads of amazing singles combined, 'I can't sleep' is the most single like song that comes from the album, it echoes 'Can't Explain' (The Who) in the guitars, in fact I was a little confused when I first heard this; thinking my iPod had shuffled itself onto the Who whilst it was in my pocket. It reminds me of what the nineties were; a rebirth of the sixties, in indie music.
Talking about great singles from the album, it is hard to ignore that old familiar tune 'There She Goes' a song that was played most of the way through my childhood after my brother had seen Parent Trap and had fallen in love with the soundtrack. Lee Mavers does an amazing vocal performance throughout this tune, as well as the whole album which brings me onto my favourite song from the whole album...
Feelin' - what a song to listen to with the roof down on your car when it's sunny outside, nothing like it at all. There aren't many songs I get disappointed by when they finish but this is one of them, one minute and forty three seconds is too short for a song on this level of greatness, so instead what happens is that it's on an endless loop for days on end.

An album made up of timeless melodies, one that should be hailed as one of the greatest albums ever produced and recorded, it echoed the whole sound of the nineties and it's early birth gave us a future insight as to what that amazing decade would give us (music wise). 

No comments:

Post a Comment