Thursday 10 October 2013

Neulore


If you've taken a look through my 'What I've Been Listening To' page you will see this little beauty in there.

Since a return trip to Dublin I came back and renewed my love for Trad music, which then developed into falling in love, again, with indie folk. Neulore have created a great example of bringing folk into the 21st century and making it a stronger genre than it ever has been before.

'Shadow Of A Man' is definitely my favourite of Neulore's back catologue. The vocals are strong but rustic, reminding me of an old acoustic guitar, which is accompanied throughout the song, although an obvious choice of instrument to have in your typical Indie Folk' record Neulore have brought a new energy to playing as it compliments their melancholy tune.

I can't wait to hear what Neulore will bring to music in the future, and soon enough I know they will be as popular as those scalawags Mumford and Sons.


No comments:

Post a Comment