Thursday 26 July 2012

Didgenjam


Ah I see I have been neglecting the blog for the last few days, I've been completely snowed under. One of the many things I have been doing for the past couple of weeks was taking part in a camping trip, but not just any camping trip.

Ethnic music was the main theme, didgeridoos, acoustic guitars, drums and a hurdy gurdy were the most popular sounds coming from the field. I've never been into world music, I've never bothered really listening to it but that weekend really opened up my eyes to these devine sounds.

Sitting around a large camp fire, playing music - it was heaven. I ended up playing Oasis and the Beatles for a group of lads who weren't too interested in the genre that we were focusing on, but still I would lose where I was in my own playing because I was listening to others playing beautiful music around me.

It was amazing, a wonderful experience that I'll never forget. /div>

No comments:

Post a Comment