Wednesday 13 June 2012

Stand By Me (Acoustic)

This is one of my favourite Oasis songs, and this is my favourite performance of the song. This is the first version of the song I ever heard, and I thought that this was the original - there is no reason for it not to be, apart from the lack of real production and engineering quality.

I've said a good few times before that I love an acoustic version of a song, to hear it stripped down to just one or two instruments and a very raw vocal, it's easy to tell the real musicians from the amateurs - and this just shows that Oasis were REAL musicians. It's nice to just see just Noel and Liam performing together (well, ignoring the fact that Alan White is there playing on a tambourine), it's nice to hear them singing "Stand by me, nobody knows the way it's going to be" - as if they're asking for each other to stand by the other. 

Personally I think it's Liam Gallagher's greatest live vocal performance. In my opinion, when I've heard Oasis live I've always felt as though he could have done a lot better with his vocals, compared to how he sounds on record his vocals are very poor during live performances. I can't believe how much his voice his suited to an acoustic guitar, it sounds so naive and beautiful - and his youthfulness is captured in these few minutes of song. It's beautiful. 

I can guarantee that this could turn anyone into an Oasis fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment