Wednesday 23 May 2012

Summer is here!

The Who - Baba O' Riley
It took me a long time to realize how great of a summer song this is. I always thought of it as just one of those great driving anthems but one day, when Dan (my brother) took the roof down on his car, I had Baba O' Riley playing and I realized how great of a summer anthem it is. The sun was shining down on us as we drove through Saltburn, it was on a loop and we had the odd old man smiling at us - probably thinking back to those summers where he too listened to Baba O' Riley in the sun.

It's just so incredibly uplifting, it's that bright piano that plays I recon - that's what I'm putting it down to. Also the violins and the synthesizer and the drums and the guitars and the bass - ok, maybe it's everything about the song. It's like everything has been pushed into a high pass filter - nothing is missed at all, we get everything we can out of it. As soon as the synthesizer warms us in I always imagine the sun coming up, it's almost as if that's what the synth represents. It brings so much hope to me, that this is going to be the best summer I ever live through and this will be the soundtrack of it - you know in those films where they have the cheesy clips at the end showing how great their life is? This is what would be playing in the movie of my life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment