Wednesday 23 May 2012

Summer is here!


The Beach Boys - Surfin' USA
This is a post for all surf music. It's music like this that makes me extremely jealous of anyone living in California, I'm constantly wishing I was a Beach Boy so that I could just sing about surfing all day. But the Beach Boys aren't the only part of surf music; I love Jan and Dean too! Also the Surfaris, they just get me so giddy and hyped up for the summer.

Surf bands sing about nothing I know, I've never drove a Bucket T, nor have I ever been surfing - let's be honest here; I can't even swim. But it's just fun to listen to, it's not serious really, is it? Who doesn't love to attempt at singing to each harmony? It often makes my brain melt trying to get through 'I get around'. But it always sounds great, that spring reverb used to create that wet sound that makes us feel like we're at the beach, the use of the vibrato arm, tremolo picking, all these give surf music that distinctive sound that we crave so deeply during the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment