Tuesday 21 February 2012

Astrid Kirchherr and Max Scheler

YESTERDAY the Beatles, Once Upon A Time.
Astrid Kirchherr and Max Scheler are photographers who spent a lot of time with the Beatles during their earlier days, there is an absolutely fantastic book of their photographs of the Beatles (the name is the subtitle of this post), it's great for any Beatle fan or anyone interested in photography. Astrid Kirchherr is one of my favourite photographers there is, especially in the music field and I think these photos are the best you're going to get of the Beatles - you get a sense of family from these images inside of this book, photos of Astrid dancing with Ringo and even asleep with him on a pile of suitcases, if you love natural photos then this is the perfect book for you. I hate publicity shots of bands, I hate it when you buy a book of photographs and they only have publicity shots because they're so fake - this is why I love this book because of the photos being so 'in the moment'. 

I honestly recommend their work to anyone, and also this book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment