Sunday 6 November 2011

My Letter To NME.

So the Chief has made a mighty return, everyone in the country is celebrating his musical genius again and all is well, he shown radio 2 listeners that he was back with vengeance but it was only the listeners he seemed to show that to because the audience he was playing to were about as lively (or ‘mad fer it’) as a sea of confused llamas. Competition winners, didn’t seem like they had any idea what he was singing apart from when ‘Wonderwall’ and ‘Don’t Look Back In Anger’ came on, they could have at least gave the new album a listen to on the way there. Noel seemed to be annoyed with them too, he tried making banter with them and it sent a ripple of laughter through the crowd but it looked like hard work. Overall I thought the performance was brilliant but there was no atmosphere, Noel was on top of his game, especially in his performances of ‘Supersonic’ and ‘If I Had a Gun’ – I’d have loved to have been at the gig myself, I would have sang every word to every song. Maybe next time they should choose their competition winners more carefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment