Wednesday 2 May 2012

When I was younger, so much younger than today.

I found this photo on my laptop today, during part of my 15 hour exam. I thought I'd browse a little seen as though I've finished my work, anyway it was this photo that had me thinking. At first it had my uterus glow with how cute this little one is but then I began thinking about the first time I got properly into music. I've spoken many times about getting into Oasis at a young age but I wouldn't say that that was when I got into music, no, no.

It was seeing Live Aid 1985 that got me into music. It was on repeat on some channel on the Sky box (ah, the days before Virgin!), I remember switching it on because I had this huge obsession with Bob Geldof - no one still knows why that happened. Anyway, it was the last few minutes of it and a strange man at a piano was on. I didn't know that then but this was Paul McCartney and he was singing 'Let It Be'. I'd say this was the exact point where I had the musical epiphany that people sometimes speak of, it was that moment where I got incredibly into music and have never looked back since. It was the first time in my life that I had been completely hypnotized by a song, I remember my mam being on the phone and me shouting her in frantically to ask her what the song was, she just watched the screen for a while and replied "Let it be." 

And that's when I began getting into music, from the Beatles it stemmed into so many other musicians and bands. The Beatles opened up a door for me that let me really enjoy the music that was out there.   

No comments:

Post a Comment