Friday 11 November 2011

Bob Dylan - Mr Tambourine Man.

Hey Mr Tambourine man play a song for me, I'm not sleepy and there is no place I'd rather be.
Hats off to you Mr Dylan for this one, it is one of your best and a song I could listen to for hours on end. My favourite thing to any Dylan song is always the lyrics, which appears to be the same with a lot of people, and this song is a wonderful representation of what a magical poet he is.

Musically it's Dylan being Dylan with his usual acoustic guitar and harmonica (most probably his Hohner blues harp in the key of C), he's also added an electric guitar on it, played softly with a bit of spring reverb on it which is more popular through surf music, it gives the guitar that 'wet' sound. The electric only plays a very small part through the song but is really effective, the wetness of the sound creates this metaphorical river that carries you through the song gently and gives a relaxing sensation.

I love Bob Dylan, I really do and I am one of the very few people that actually love his voice, it's so different from anything I've ever heard and one of the main reasons why I love it is because he can't sing, but yet he's still known as this amazing musician - it just goes to show you don't need everything to be a musician (well, not in the sixties anyway). Thank you Mr Dylan, for such a classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment