Saturday 3 November 2012

The MOOod - Stay Right

The MOOod, strange name, great band - kind of.

'Stay Right' is one of the many songs from a new Romanian band. It's not often I listen to music from outside the region of the UK or American, and the music to this proves as to why I should listen to 'foreign' music, to expand my countries (musically speaking, of course).

Now the music is great, it's flawless. But I have a problem with the vocals - he sounds way too young to be singing with a band of that level of performance, he's whiny, pronounces his words like Liam Gallagher would but in that naive voice - it just doesn't fit right with me, and that's the downfall of this band. It's all just personal preferences - but I can't say that his voice doesn't pick up during the chorus. Maybe it's just first impressions, it's the trying to hard to sound like an American artist like Tom Delonge during those first few lines - and later in small sections, but during the chorus he doesn't pretend - he is himself and is so much better for it.

Everything else is amazing, it's great and really fun to listen to. The guitar sounds brilliant, not too heavy and not too soft - a happy medium that I love, it's clear but doesn't bombard the song, the riffs are clever and great to try and work out in your head. Fantastic. Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment