Saturday 3 November 2012

The Lumineers

The Lumineers -  a band that Youtube recommended to me, and thank God they brought me to this amazing sound. Youtube has opened me up to an amazing amount of music, but the Lumineers have to be my favourite discovery of them all, they are brilliant, and every time I listen to one of their songs I fall even more in love.

It's a known fact that I completely adore songs with a folk feel to them, acoustic guitars, songs that set the scene of summers on the field when the sun is blaring down on you, but slow enough just so that I can relax and listen to them with ease - the Lumineers have become a perfect example. 

They are made up of Wesley Schultz, Jeremiah Fraites, Neyla Pekarek, Stelth Ulvang, and Ben Wahamaki (incidently, the best names I have ever come across). A band that create a unique sound, one that I am sure anyone will fall in love with - their constant use of reverb creates an atmosphere in their songs - making sure they have an amazing presence wherever and whenever they are heard. Songs like 'Stubborn Love', 'Flowers In Your Hair', 'Flapper Girl', and 'Morning Song' are prime examples of why these guys are such a beautiful band, creating music for anyone who enjoys listening to music.

You'd be stupid to ignore them.







No comments:

Post a Comment