Saturday 3 November 2012

The Cornerstones


A few days back I got a random message from a band I had never heard of before, they were called the Cornerstones and they were asking me to listen to their new song 'Smack Me In The Face'. It took me until tonight to get around to giving it a listen and, to put it simply, I wish I'd listened to it sooner...

It isn't just 'Smack Me In The Face' that sparks brilliance, but it's also their other tunes; 'Stand In Line', 'My Mind', and 'This Is How It Ends'. Each of them are such a joy to listen to. They have a mixture of  Cream, the Stone Roses and the Who mixed into all of their songs - though their acoustic performances have a definite Neil Young influence in them, and what a brilliant job they have done of celebrating what Neil Young did for music, they are proof of what he did for music - utter brilliance.

I can't thank the band enough for introducing me to themselves, listening to them tonight has really lifted my spirits and got me in a really good mood - they've sparked back my love of music, that has recently been put to the back of my mind due to University work. But now I realise what comes first again, and it's because of the Cornerstones.

No comments:

Post a Comment