Sunday 11 November 2012

Submarine soundtrack



Opening with what seems to be the music from a sad scene in some Charlie Chaplin movie we get a feel for what 'Submarine' will bring to us. It toys with our dark emotions that we felt when we were in our mid-teenage years, a theme that runs throughout the film too - Alex Turner has definitely outdone himself.

I'm a fan of the Arctic Monkey, but never have I praised Turner's work as much as I have with this beautiful soundtrack. With an acoustic guitar Turner has created a soundtrack for any 15 year old to live by, one that is filled with beautiful acoustic guitars, a haunting amount of reverb, and, of course, a soft and ghostly vocal from Mr Turner, himself. I wish I could pick my favourite song from the album, but it's a task that proves too difficult - but it seems that 'Hiding Tonight' is the most listened to, it's the one that reminds me most of my school years, getting crushes, playing games, acting a fool, and all of the feelings and thoughts I felt back then.

'It's Hard To Get Around The Wind' is another masterpiece from the album, a song that guided me through a deeply rough time in my life, every word, every pick on each string, just everything about that song comforts me whenever I'm going through some hardship, there is no other way I could explain how special this song is to me, nor can I further explain how much of an astounding album this is...

No comments:

Post a Comment